After 10 years at Gateway Church and 37 years of continuous operation, the Anna Bay Community Market is gaining a fresh new look and home at Baylife Church.
The move comes with some fresh changes including a greater focus on ready to eat fresh food & produce, live music, community participation and activities for young children including a jumping castle. The only thing better than strolling around a market on a beautiful Port Stephens morning is enjoying fresh food.
The new fresh market will be focused on having a variety of different food offerings to meet different tastes.
Community participation will be a big focus of the market. The regular feature of a BBQ will continue, but with different community groups operating it every month and there will be a community showcase in February.
“It is our mission to reach and positively influence our community. We see the market as an opportunity to give back to the wider Port Stephens community and are excited to be the new custodians of this Anna bay institution” said Senior Pastor Greg McKewin
If you would like further information, please feel free to contact the market team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are planning to have themes for every market so there will always be something new to explore.
- December will be themed around “Christmas” so, come on down and grab a unique gift you won’t find in the big retail stores before the month gets too busy and you have no time to shop.
- For January the market will focus on the “Best of Port Stephens” where we are encouraging local businesses especially producers and tourist operators to come along and show our visitors the hidden secrets of our beautiful area to keep them coming back.
- Just after school returns in February our theme will be on “Community group showcase”. We will be offering free sites to all sporting and community groups to come along and show the community what they do; and enroll. The timing of the February market will be just after the introduction of “Active Kids Rebate” from the NSW Government, so a perfect time for parents to come and explore what sports are available in Port Stephens, enroll their children and take advantage of the $100 rebate.
- The environment is important in Port Stephen where we have some of the best natural wonders in the world on our doorstep. The new market team is keen to ensure we leave the smallest footprint possible and with this in mind we will be aiming for zero plastic bags. If you are coming to the market you are encouraged to bring your own bags.
- Not only plastic free but the new operating are planning to be paperless too. All stallholder registrations are online, so no paper registration forms and our stallholder identification at each market will be via a stallholder card which will be provided in the form of a QR code on their phone scanned on entry. This is another small initiative we are implementing to reduce our global footprint and we are excited to be one of the first markets in the region to implement.
- New stallholders, Port Stephens producers, Port Stephen Tourist operators and Community Groups wanting to run the BBQ, or have a stall are encouraged to contact the market team via email at email@example.com.
- Baylife Church is conveniently located at 4236 Nelson Bay Road Anna Bay; just past Port Stephens Drive
on route to Newcastle. There is plenty of on-site parking.